Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Halve the Brussels sprouts
- Fill a bowl with ice and water to create an ice-water bath.
- Bring a large cast-iron cocotte of water to a boil and add salt. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook for about 2 minutes, until tender but not fully cooked.
- Drain, then shock them in the ice water. Drain again and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Heat the oil in a large cast-iron fry pan over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts and 1 tablespoon salt and stir to coat the Brussels sprouts in the oil. Place in the oven and roast for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned and evenly roasted.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a bowl, whisk lime juice, oil, mustards, honey, Tabasco sauce, and salt. Set to the side.
- Add the oil to the pan that the Brussels sprouts were roasted in and heat over medium-high heat. Add basil, mint, sunflower seeds, and chile and quickly fry for about 30 seconds.
- Place the Brussels sprouts on a serving platter and top with the avocado.
- Drizzle about 3 tablespoons of the dressing over the top, garnish with the herb and seed mixture, and finish with the lime zest and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
STAUB 7QT ROUND COCOTTES, GRENADINE
Smithey NO. 10 CHEF SKILLET
Finex 12" Cast Iron Skillet
RUFFONI 8 QT OVAL DEEP ROASTER