4 to 6
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 point Italian sausage
3 cloves garlic, miced
1 medium onion, diced
1 sprig fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
4 cups chicken stock
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (9-ounce) package three cheese tortellini
1/2 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
1/3 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
shredded parmesan cheese to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Sautee the onion, garlic, and olive oil, and fresh rosemary for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add Italian sausage and Italian seasoning and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in chicken stock and tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add in tortellini; stir and cover and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in kale until wilted. Stir in heavy cream and basil until heated through, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Calories: 409 cal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 627mg | Sugar: 7g
PRODUCTS USED WITH THIS RECIPE
Staub 7 QT Oval Cocotte in Grenadine
7-Piece Black Matte Knife Block Set
Wilmington long spoon
STAUB 5 QT Tall Cocotte in Grey