4 to 6
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Sautee the onion, garlic, and olive oil, and fresh rosemary for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add Italian sausage and Italian seasoning and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in chicken stock and tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add in tortellini; stir and cover and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in kale until wilted. Stir in heavy cream and basil until heated through, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Calories: 409 cal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 627mg | Sugar: 7g
PRODUCTS USED WITH THIS RECIPE
7-Piece Black Matte Knife Block Set
Wilmington long spoon
STAUB 5 QT Tall Cocotte in Grey